What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[GUIDE] Proper Screenshot Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WirelessMind

Reaction score
Screenshot Editing With Photoshop THE RIGHT WAY

Step 1 - Press f7 to turn off your HUD, then f12 to take your background screenshot.
DAzBjiU.jpg

Step 2 - Afterwards press f7 again to get the text back and type /blindfold and once again screenshot using f12 to get the text of the RP you want in the screenshot.
YxPCE9e.jpg

Step 3 - Open both images in Photoshop, make sure you double click the background images layer to make it a proper layer.
x4ihGfO.png

Step 4 - Change the background images canvas size to 800x600px(my preference) and move the images position to however you wish.
pZCQBCM.png

Step 5 - Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to choose what text from the /blindfold image that you want on the screenshot, then press ctrl+c afterwards go back to the background image and pres ctrl+v.
24sOINV.png
- Rectangular Marquee Tool

BACLTJu.png

Step 6 - Use the Magic Eraser Tool to remove the black background. Make sure you already erased and extra irrelevant test like advertisement, /b's, basically anything OOC or not relevant to the main RP you're trying to show.
n5q26n8.png
- Magic Eraser Tool

RMVfvaM.png
- Best Magic Eraser Tool settings I've found that seem to work for GTA 5.

zjR5cVY.png

Step 7 - Right click the text layer and go to Blending Options. Add a stroke of 1 to the text. Anything other then 1 looks trashy, never think otherwise.
HDfTqG7.png

d304c1f246371145316fa04bc59551f2.png

Step 8 - Position the text in the top left or bottom right, then hold shift and tap the up/down arrow key once and then hit the right arrow key.
5UoukWS.png

58a3d56aa1e528e762fb667600b1bca4.png

Bonus - If you wish to get a grimier look for the screenshot save it as a JPG quality 4-5. If not and you want the entire image to just be high quality save it as a PNG.
7SuhyMX.png
- PNG
8lb77uV.jpg
- JPG Quality 5

Last edited:

WirelessMind

Reaction score
Made this guide on another server but I thought it could be useful here, whenever the server is up if it doesn't work the same way I'll edit the guide.

Upvote 0

Bradley

Management
Staff member
Management
Developer
Los Santos Police Department
Reaction score
Characters
Bradley Snow
Good job with the guide :).

Upvote 0

Batter Up

Reaction score
Great guide, informative and straight to the point. I'd like to add onto this for those who aren't in the interest of going through all of the steps; here's a Photoshop action to automate the entire process of removing the black background from your text. You can load up the action by accessing Window > Actions (ALT+F9) and selecting the Load Action option. Make sure to re-name your text layer to "Layer 1" before hitting play on the action unless the process won't work.

f4438070d750096e2a622a9d5e92706d.png

https://www.upload.ee/files/11944694/elite_text.atn.html

Upvote 0

RexSmithy

Reaction score
This guide is only for steam version of GTA V, if you play from any other launcher you will need shadowplay or other ss taking prog. Though best on these forums is 1200x800 then it will be perfectly aligned.

Upvote 0

Bradley

Management
Staff member
Management
Developer
Los Santos Police Department
Reaction score
Characters
Bradley Snow
Archived as this guide probably won't apply.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.