What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Discussion w/ Poll] Drug Effects

What's the best way to go for the drug effects in your opinion?

• For a short period of time only

• For a long period of time only

• For a short period of time with toggle option

• For a long period of time with toggle option

• I'm up for whatever

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snick

Reaction score
Well, that's a discussion that pretty much had always bothered me so I might as well bring it up.
From my experience in various servers even since samp days I haven't managed to see an actual server with proper drug effects on it, and I find it kinda frustrating.
I think that there's finally a chance to bring up the idea into use by making proper drug effects that would last for each drug and it's usage period and that would result in better gameplay, cool pictures and another source for people to develop their character better.

My opinion regarding this whole thing is that people who take the drug should have a long-lasting effect period with an option to toggle off the effect for those who don't intend to use it until the timer of the drug runs out, would be pretty cool if the timer would keep running even if the player is offline so you won't have to get back IG after a couple of days and see you're still under the condition of the drug I think we should really stand out when it comes to these drug effects in this server, it's something I've never seen and always been eager to see and get exposed to so please.

I'm also for proper withdrawal script for each drug and it's type.

Let your voice be heard regarding this I believe it matters.

Aero

Management
Staff member
Management
Los Santos Police Department
Reaction score
Characters
Mason Hamilton
I'm for the effects for the drugs, making it toggable is a good idea also as it may bother a lot of people. I believe that our drug system will end up having effects anyways, it just a matter of making sure it suits the type of drug.

RexSmithy

Reaction score
It should be as it has always been, you use a drug, you get effect. But it has always bothered me that the effect runs out before you can finish off the situations properly. So having long effect with possibility to toggle it is a big yes. Have the usual xx seconds/minutes effect and have the possibility to toggle long effect having it run for up to say 2 hours. Something like /longeffect [on/off] [time for how long, capped at like 1hr-2hrs.]

Snick

Reaction score
PS: I'm also for adjusting each drug for it's effect time period + effect toggle option, for example weed lasts 20mins-1hour, ecstasy 2-3 hours etc etc.

fromthegutter

Reaction score
Characters
N/A
I'd appreciate having a long drug visual-effect as it would continuously remind you that you've used drugs and you should role play the actual effects properly. I'd also very much so respect a toggle on/off for the drug visual-effect system, since it could be sickening or just uncomfortable to look at(if its moving around continuously without any stopping it etc.).

Almighty

Reaction score
Characters
Tyrell Martimer
I'd appreciate having a long drug visual-effect as it would continuously remind you that you've used drugs and you should role play the actual effects properly. I'd also very much so respect a toggle on/off for the drug visual-effect system, since it could be sickening or just uncomfortable to look at(if its moving around continuously without any stopping it etc.).
Agree with this heavy, I think it should be a long time effect to remind you that you're still high since drugs don't wear off in a matter of 5 minutes.

Cranky

Game Admin
Game Admin
Modding Team
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
Word long visual times, maybe toggle-able with an effect like +X amount of HP but only certain drugs.

Hatredismylife

Reaction score

Rico

Reaction score
I would like to see how LS-RP had it where if you take cocaine it gives you more health. It gives people reasons to actually use, supply and buy drugs. Not only with cocaine but weed, pills and other substances.

Also can we get maybe promthezine x codeine implied into the server later on down the road of development? We live in a new age where crack, heroine and meth isn’t as popular as lean and pills are now.

Nathan

Reaction score
Characters
Matthew Douglas
It's a tricky one, as each drug has a different time scale on when it wears off.

If you take a drug, you're obviously wanting to role-play the effects etc...so maybe having the toggle option available for every drug you take is a simple option, but still having the different timescales for stronger/weaker drugs.