What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[DISCUSSION] What is on you is on you

Should you be able to take whatever amount of money is on present on the victim?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
With the server coming coming into shape and nearing it's beta stage for us to stress test everything, we are beginning to tweak and refine our rules to properly suit the masses who will roleplay on Los Santos County. This rule has always been a big thing before on other servers, and personally, I never liked it as it limits roleplay and benefits careless individuals. For those who do not know about the rule, when it comes to robbing, there was a limit on on how much money you can take if the individual is over the rob limit. For example, I go up to Bradley who has 30k on hand and I can only take 5k due to the limits. In my opinion, I should be able to take that thirty because what is on him is on him. The rule I want to propose is basically what this topic is. What is on you is on you, whether it be 1k to 100k. There are banks, ATMs and I assume the script will let you store money in boxes/containers/places around your property like car(s) and inside your house(s). This rule applies also to guns, drugs and whatever else your character ICly has on them at the time.

With this rule implemented, it will bring up the quality of roleplay instead of the RPG feeling of people running around with 5m+ on hand and whenever they do get robbed, it's literally pocket change and they shrug it off, roleplaying like it never happened. This encourages people to be careful with money, whether it be fresh out of a big drug deal or weapon deal and they have a good amount of money on their hands. It makes ATM's a purpose to use to their discretion. It makes a bank somewhat of a hotspot of roleplay since people will be constantly using it in hopes that people don't just run it to use the script and leave. If people are brave enough, It can also open up to people willing to roleplay personal financiers. I see nothing but good things coming out of this rule and I want opinions about it.

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Los Santos Police Department
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against this rule at all. I also wouldn't mind if the server restricts you from carrying so much money. (Eg. You can't carry $10,000 without having a backpack or a brown paperbag). But that'll probably be for another suggestion. Maybe one of the limitations for this rule would be a cooldown once you're leaving the ATM or bank. If someone withdraws $10,000 to pay for a car or gun, there should be a three to five minute peace period before you're able to rob them.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against this rule at all. I also wouldn't mind if the server restricts you from carrying so much money. (Eg. You can't carry $10,000 without having a backpack or a brown paperbag). But that'll probably be for another suggestion. Maybe one of the limitations for this rule would be a cooldown once you're leaving the ATM or bank. If someone withdraws $10,000 to pay for a car or gun, there should be a three to five minute peace period before you're able to rob them.

I am sure there will be at least a five minute grace period, or a better word to call it, immunity from when you use the bank or an ATM to withdraw money. It will restrict people camping those areas waiting for someone to just withdraw money. As much as we want to make it as real as possible, rules still need to be set when it comes to that because there will always be those people who will push boundaries like that.

Markcufc

Reaction score
Sounds good too me!

Will need to be revised upon prison roleplay if it pops up as that's always a difficult part with this type of rule etc.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Sounds good too me!

Will need to be revised upon prison roleplay if it pops up as that's always a difficult part with this type of rule etc.

Of course. Prison will have their own set of rules as it's a controlled atmosphere. If someone goes in with 1m on hand, it won't be realistic as DoC procedures will take 90% of your stuff. We will work the kinks out eventually for every type of occasion.

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
I fear this topic is too narrowly focused or ambiguously written. I would like to see it be expanded to not only money, but also all items that can be found in someone‘s inventory.

Whether it is drugs, weapons, or even just phones. I believe the emphasis should be, what is in the player‘s inventory at the point in time (robbery, frisk search) is factually there. Though we will also have to look into, staff-wise, how the storage/compartment system is going to impact this proposed rule. If the system itself does not allow for x amount of items to be carried and only y quanity or z item is in the inventory, it at least in my opinion would make this obsolete.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I fear this topic is too narrowly focused or ambiguously written. I would like to see it be expanded to not only money, but also all items that can be found in someone‘s inventory.

Whether it is drugs, weapons, or even just phones. I believe the emphasis should be, what is in the player‘s inventory at the point in time (robbery, frisk search) is factually there. Though we will also have to look into, staff-wise, how the storage/compartment system is going to impact this proposed rule. If the system itself does not allow for x amount of items to be carried and only y quanity or z item is in the inventory, it at least in my opinion would make this obsolete.

This topic is mostly focused on money, but it can work on whatever is actually on that person's inventory at that time of robbery. I am sure there will be a UI with a player's inventory that we will be able to see when being frisked/robbed. I am going off that there will be no limit on money specifically. I am sure there will be a set limit on how many grams of drugs or weapon packages someone can carry. Like on LSRP, you can carry a set amount, much less than in a property or vehicle.

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
This topic is mostly focused on money, but it can work on whatever is actually on that person's inventory at that time of robbery. I am sure there will be a UI with a player's inventory that we will be able to see when being frisked/robbed. I am going off that there will be no limit on money specifically. I am sure there will be a set limit on how many grams of drugs or weapon packages someone can carry. Like on LSRP, you can carry a set amount, much less than in a property or vehicle.
Not so much packages of weapons, I hope those will not be a thing at all. More of the argument that goes "that pistol isn't on me! it's in my car IC'ly!", you can replace "pistol" with any other item. It should be made clear that regardless of the circumstances that you happen to be in when you are being robbed, frisked, or searched that there will be/are plenty of opportunities to store your valuables somewhere else than the inventory. Of course, and I am not disagreeing with you here, it should also be applied for money too.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
well this is perfect
as someone else already said in here, what's more than 50-100k should be carried with a backpack or some item that's visible for other players. But this idea is great.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Not so much packages of weapons, I hope those will not be a thing at all. More of the argument that goes "that pistol isn't on me! it's in my car IC'ly!", you can replace "pistol" with any other item. It should be made clear that regardless of the circumstances that you happen to be in when you are being robbed, frisked, or searched that there will be/are plenty of opportunities to store your valuables somewhere else than the inventory. Of course, and I am not disagreeing with you here, it should also be applied for money too.

Oh I agree with you. We just need to fine tune it and be specific about everything before the rule is finalized. Since everyone has voted yes, this will be a yea and will be worked on.

R.Hout

Reaction score
I totally agree with this. Not only does it add to realism, but this would in return open up more doors for scenarios to happen. I.E, it increases the roleplay.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
We will revisit this rule and fine tune it for the better of the general population as the server soon begins to come into final stages but for now, this is the general rule and idea behind it. The inventory system will make sure this rule isn't broken and be true to it with upmost realism.

Dmitrix

Reaction score
Characters
Jonathan Gardner
I agree..if its on you, its on you. Plus, you never see people call police regarding robbery. And polices robbery & homicide can only handle homicide calls when they could investigate robbery and attempt to retreat the money that been stolen. This would promote more realism plus, during illegal activity - drug deals and etc, each side could try to rip each other off, just depends how and what... it shouldn't limit RP because "Oh its too much" - individual shouldn't be having that much on him.

I only see realism being promoted out of it, and if somebody is just on a robbery-spree, just file a report about his sub-par RP and individual(s) will be dealt with asap and victimized party will get their refunds..but limitation shouldn't be the case here, if you work hard for your money - put it into the bank or your property rather walking around with 50.000$ on you and not worry about anything. If we wanna be unique, we need to take every detail into realistic aspect.

And if suspect is found guilty on his theft, the sentence shouldn't be light either. It could be a easy pay-day to a player, but its a huge risk if victim went to police.

Hound

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Ignore my vote. I meant to hit yes. i agree with this as many people during my time on other servers I used to see people try and find a loop hole in the rule and it makes it much easier for players to manage.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Now that I have proper forum power. I can actually close this. Vote is unanimous and we will post a final draft of the rule in the near future for the public to see.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I am reopening and bumping this as we are getting a sudden influx of new community members to share their opinion about this.

ezkNYNE

Reaction score
Yes.
The main reason why people carried so much money in one exact server, was due to savings and you not being able to deposit money in the bank. Of course this is not the case here, so, yeah, you should take whatever is in the victim's wallet. However, my only wish against robberies is that new players shouldn't get robbed, that's all.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
However, my only wish against robberies is that new players shouldn't get robbed, that's all.

I am sure there will be a buffer period of how long that character has been online before being able to get robbed at all.

Snick

Reaction score
I like the idea, but I don't think that you should have money on you in all cases in order to be able to buy stuff.
It could be cool to add an ability to pay with a credit/debit card or checks in vehicle dealerships (for the most part), or in places where you need to buy materials to transfer from point A to point B or to pay to registered legit business owners.
I think that handing big amounts of cash illegally should be done only by having the cash on you, in gun/drug deals nobody would accept a check IRL since they could be fake.
But yeah I love the concept of having the ability to store cash in different places other than the bank and I think this idea is a big yes.