What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[DISCUSSION] What is on you is on you

Should you be able to take whatever amount of money is on present on the victim?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snow Wolf

Reaction score
Characters
none
I like the idea, but I don't think that you should have money on you in all cases in order to be able to buy stuff.
It could be cool to add an ability to pay with a credit/debit card or checks in vehicle dealerships (for the most part), or in places where you need to buy materials to transfer from point A to point B or to pay to registered legit business owners.
I think that handing big amounts of cash illegally should be done only by having the cash on you, in gun/drug deals nobody would accept a check IRL since they could be fake.
But yeah I love the concept of having the ability to store cash in different places other than the bank and I think this idea is a big yes.
Good idea I think. Essentially I think this would mean that all legal transactions can be done with a card - for illegal stuff, you're going to need cash. However, this creates the funny scenario that when someone actually has cash on them, they're probably a criminal themselves.

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Los Santos Police Department
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
For the credit-/debitcard please post a suggestion! It would be really interesting to see what you have in mind for the functions and such, as well as hear the general input for it through a suggestion.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I am sure credit/debit cards will be a thing. This'll help with keeping your money safe, but there's always credit fraud that hopefully can be a thing too! This rule applies mostly to money when being robbed, or being robbed in general. What is on you is literally on you, no if ands or buts. Don't get caught or that 100k you have on you in a dufflebag is 100k you're going to lose for being a reckless person.

Nathan

Reaction score
Characters
Matthew Douglas
This rule has always been a ball ache. It’s nice to see you putting out suggestions to clear rules up quick and early! I have nothing to disagree with you on, as I’ve always gone with the what’s on you, is on you. As you said, it improves Roleplay massively. It also increases quality Roleplay, as I’ve never quite understood why a drug dealer, for example, would be carrying lump sums of money, when in hindsight and realistically, they’d stash the money due to police.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
This rule has always been a ball ache. It’s nice to see you putting out suggestions to clear rules up quick and early! I have nothing to disagree with you on, as I’ve always gone with the what’s on you, is on you. As you said, it improves Roleplay massively. It also increases quality Roleplay, as I’ve never quite understood why a drug dealer, for example, would be carrying lump sums of money, when in hindsight and realistically, they’d stash the money due to police.

Here's to hope that we have some kind of crate system like we did on LSRP a while back where money, weapon and drugs can be stored in hidden places and even use that script inside a house to hide stashes. It is a very troublesome rule but most of the community is is agreeing with it. It removes the RPG element and hopefully, banks will be used more wisely and make it a hot spot for people to roleplay at other than being place to enter, do a command and leave in under ten seconds.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Bumping this for further opinions before I close and archive this further develop this into a proper, universal rule for everyone to read and understand.

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
It should also be left unambiguous, so stated clearly in the writing or through examples, that this rule applies not only to gang v gang / mafia v mafia encounters but also for encounters with the police. Too many times I have seen that sort of gentlemen's agreement is formed between gangs and illegal factions in general but as soon as an encounter with the police happened it was ignored and the arguments started that the gun, cash, drugs, whatever is somewhere else.

Pat downs, or frisk searches are not going to be done often, or will lightly be permitted, if someone from the LSPD does it the universal concept behind is that there has been reasonable suspicion and cause for it to happen. Though as far as applicable it is been stated that such actions taken lightly are against policy. So if it happens it can be somewhat ensured that's reason behind it happening, so the rule or the gentlemen's agreement shouldn't just be thrown over. The LSPD are as much players as you and I. If someone violates your fourth, or just you have doubts that the pat down/frisk was reasonable file a report for IAG to handle and we will happily deal with it.

Peezy

Reaction score
It'll be a good rule if there's places to store money for all players. Banks for legal RPers and the ability to stash money in your house for illegal RPers, because a drug dealer isn't going to deposit his dope money, lol.

Having safes and a house security system will be good addition to complement this rule too.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I am sure the script will allow people to store money wherever they need it, whether it be in a car, house, or even in a scripted box somewhere within the city, or at least I hope that is the plan. This rule basically enforces you to be smart on what you carry, especially money and make the bank/atm more than just a place to do a couple of commands within seconds. Safes, crates, car glove compartments and much more should be available for you to use to store money.

Goddessoflife

Reaction score
Characters
Bjorn Kettlebum
2020 is an era where almost anything can be bought digitally, credit card or even pay with your phone in a store. however you can also skim cards etc, it be cool to have an actual bank account where you can see your transactions, that criminals can skim your card and take off a certain amount of money of your bank account every 24h. You should be able to block that card when you find out or are unsure and for a small fee buy a new card! Also when people rob you they can steal your bank card but obviously, you work with bank codes, either they take it off you violently or force you to take money from the atm. There are max amounts you can take from the ATM a day, which is something that happens IRL too. This creates more ways to steal money.

I totally agree with, what's on you is on you. You can steal whatever is on the person. Maybe even work with actual car keys.

Davy

Reaction score
I totally agree with the rule and there’s nothing to argue about, whatever you have on you can be taken from you.

xcaliber

Reaction score
2020 is an era where almost anything can be bought digitally, credit card or even pay with your phone in a store. however you can also skim cards etc, it be cool to have an actual bank account where you can see your transactions, that criminals can skim your card and take off a certain amount of money of your bank account every 24h. You should be able to block that card when you find out or are unsure and for a small fee buy a new card! Also when people rob you they can steal your bank card but obviously, you work with bank codes, either they take it off you violently or force you to take money from the atm. There are max amounts you can take from the ATM a day, which is something that happens IRL too. This creates more ways to steal money.

I totally agree with, what's on you is on you. You can steal whatever is on the person. Maybe even work with actual car keys.

This would be something that can be suggested in the future, it's a good idea.

RexSmithy

Reaction score
I'm all in for it, but bank transfers should be added and option to pay for items in the store through your bank aka via card.

Mack

Reaction score
Characters
Richard Garner
How would this apply to drugs? What am I to do as an officer if I find someone carrying 3KG worth drugs on them for example? Would I remove everything from the criminal or an actual realistic quantity?

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
How would this apply to drugs? What am I to do as an officer if I find someone carrying 3KG worth drugs on them for example? Would I remove everything from the criminal or an actual realistic quantity?
There will be a limit that can be carried in the inventory IIRC. Don't quote me on that though. So carrying 3kg would only be possible in other ways.

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
There will be a limit that can be carried in the inventory IIRC. Don't quote me on that though. So carrying 3kg would only be possible in other ways.

He basically summed it up. There will be an actual weight limit, or at least I hope so. People won't be walking around with kilos.

Hatredismylife

Reaction score
It's realistic. I like it. Go for it.

Will add fear and people won't be walking around with 100k in their pocket, two AK packages and 30000 rounds.

Almighty

Reaction score
Characters
Tyrell Martimer
Disregard my vote on the poll it was an error. I completely support this I feel like it would add an extra layer of fear and realism when walking around with a large amount of anything from drugs to cash. This could really enforce the risk vs reward factor most RP situations lack walking around with 100k for no reason is a risk that most people wouldn't take IRL, by implementing this players would really have to think twice before making any moves. On the flip side, I feel like this could also cause some players to begin chain robbing the entire city if implemented there'd have to be close supervision on players when committing these robberies. A cooldown/limit is a must, all in all, I support this.(y)

Oxide

Game Admin
Game Admin
Reaction score
Characters
Vince Cole
Definitely in favor, as stated there are atm and bank scripts for a reason. This only encourages more roleplay around those areas, realistic actions and amounts being on someone's body.