What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Property Management: What are you expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Hello!

I thought I should make this thread so I can see what you guys think so far and what you'd like to see. Feel free to discuss and come up with suggestions related to properties that you may think we should consider. I want to hear your ideas and head our development in that directions!

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Los Santos Police Department
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
For the sake of keeping this short, I hope businesses are being kept as something rather exclusive, so not every Doe can own a restaurant, club, or garage which would requires a quite hefty initial sum to get started. Though small shops, like your corner 24/7 that does not belong to a huge franchise, or a Café should be "inexpensive" in monetary terms. Also, players shouldn't be forced to own a business script-wise to roleplay as such, best example would be a one-man company that deals with towing cars and such, which would be contracted by the LSPD for example.

Similarly, the emphasizes for general property should be affordable living and not high class property assets such as mansions or villas.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Businesses will be available to anyone who can afford it, most likely people will apply for leasing one at the beginning and later on buy. Regarding what you're talking about owning a business script-wise, that's going to be related to Government, since they will legalise businesses, so you will have to go through them in order to get a business, but I completely agree with you!

House prices will be available to everyone, I won't tell anything more than that now ;) .

Alwandy

Reaction score
Properties should be available to rent not only to purchase especially in the rough area(s). Should collaborate with faction mgmt and create faction complexes where the given faction unofficial/official (doesn't matter) can set up their little roleplay spot and pay a certain fee to keep the apartments (rent fees as usual..)

My five cents.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Properties should be available to rent not only to purchase especially in the rough area(s). Should collaborate with faction mgmt and create faction complexes where the given faction unofficial/official (doesn't matter) can set up their little roleplay spot and pay a certain fee to keep the apartments (rent fees as usual..)

My five cents.

I understand what you're saying and properties will be for rent, but we can't give complexes to anyone who applies. I've been involved in this for a while to realise that some factions open and last for one month, and it's just useless to give them a complex today and take it back in two weeks.

Alwandy

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and properties will be for rent, but we can't give complexes to anyone who applies. I've been involved in this for a while to realise that some factions open and last for one month, and it's just useless to give them a complex today and take it back in two weeks.
We can counter that though. How? The complex itself doesn't LOCK it to a specific faction, rather than it's an area of interest to RP in due to LOW RENT so everyone can go there and rent and be part of the community.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Interesting idea, so you're saying the complex is there only for rent instead of people owning apartments?

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Not all complexes are just apartments owned by people. Some are strictly rent or temporary housing really. There should be complexes not owned by players scattered around the city that is owned by Property Management that let's anyone rent or buy, giving they have the money and the type of complex. Is it possible to rent an apartment in order to buy in the long run? It should be the same for houses too really. You just don't buy the house upfront and it's all yours.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Not all complexes are just apartments owned by people. Some are strictly rent or temporary housing really. There should be complexes not owned by players scattered around the city that is owned by Property Management that let's anyone rent or buy, giving they have the money and the type of complex. Is it possible to rent an apartment in order to buy in the long run? It should be the same for houses too really. You just don't buy the house upfront and it's all yours.
This does sound really good, we may include this later on, buying a house in time, yea. It sounds nice.

Aero

Management
Staff member
Management
Reaction score
Characters
Mason Hamilton
So potentially like a "mortgage" system, where maybe it takes money out of your account every paycheck or something? Or you have to go somewhere to pay it or phase it being foreclosed? I think that would be interesting, and maybe we can implement a credit system where if you have certain credit you can purchase items on credit and pay interest. (looks at @Bradley )

Davy

Reaction score
I was thinking about like it should be a in-character business/faction, that handles the leasing and the houses on auction.

What do u think?

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
I was thinking about like it should be a in-character business/faction, that handles the leasing and the houses on auction.

What do u think?
Auctions are going to be a def. no. It is really hard to please everyone when we re all on different time zones.
On the other hand, we ve discussed leasing as an in character role, but we will see. I can not promise anything.

Also, a house mortgage system might be useful at some point, not right now though.
(On phone, I hope you can understand what I wrote)

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
So potentially like a "mortgage" system, where maybe it takes money out of your account every paycheck or something? Or you have to go somewhere to pay it or phase it being foreclosed? I think that would be interesting, and maybe we can implement a credit system where if you have certain credit you can purchase items on credit and pay interest. (looks at @Bradley )

I'd say can be either a landlord npc you gotta go and /mortgage or go somewhere to pay it off. I think taking it straight our your bank is unrealistic. Maybe a /mortgage somewhere within the complex like a small custom room with it would be pretty unique in my opinion.

nanpou.

Reaction score
Making sure property prices actually make sense so you don't see a house in El Burro for example going for more than a house in the nicer parts of Vespucci, alongside that making each part of the city diverse meaning in some parts of Vespucci and Little Seoul for example houses should be cheaper than other parts of that neighborhood. Most neighborhoods in LA are pretty much claimed by street gangs itself and whatnot so personally I think prices of properties should be set based upon what the irl counterpart of the neighborhood in-game is based upon.

Matt[Y]

Reaction score
Characters
Justin_Chung, Charles_Lowenthal
I think this is extremely difficult tbh. It's easy to say affordable houses/apartments for everyone but A. they are always going to be limited due to the size of map and B. if everyone can afford living in their IC (or in a lot of cases OOC) dream house there is not gonna be any real estate RP which is a great factor of civilian RP.

I think the only way this could work is:
- Very short time of property inactivity (no P2W way around it)
- If properties are being taken by the server, just give the full market price back, not half (or nothing) so people don't just log in once a week to keep their properties to not lose money
- Property management should keep track of important properties (i.e mansions, gang neighborhoods etc) and remove them from players if they shouldn't own them in a realistic way or if that character is not being used.
- Realistic property prices (as mentioned before)

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
The price problem of houses is well known because almost every server deals with that. One of the easiest way to mentain low prices is to have a variety of properties to buy. I can assure you that the map of GTA 5 is too big and there's no chance we end up without MP properties in the near future.
On the other hand, we're thinking that people should own maximum two houses, because that's another factor that messes up the market. Basically, we're trying to make people to understand that they don't have to buy a house/condo just because it's for sale, but because it's needed for their role-play purposes.
Unfortunately, we cannot keep track of all the players and their role-play. Can you elaborate what a player should do to own a house in a realistic way?

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
One thing could be property inactivity removal. The only thing that I see other servers do is that you lose all of the money that you've invested in that house after inactivity. In terms of economics, having people lose money through means of inactivity would act as a money sinkhole removing money from the game, preventing inflation. But, if a player ever wishes to return to the server, they're forced to reconstruct what they've had from point zero. Maybe properties can lose half of its value when a player receives the inactivity foreclosure or eviction due to "Property value diminishing due to failure to upkeep." This way players will still retain some of the money they've worked for and possibly have a motive in coming back to the server, while still having money leaving the economy.

Biosphere

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while this idea sounds promising, we won't do that. It's your choice to leave the server, so before leaving, it's wise to sell your properties. It's not our duty to check up with all players who left and who, probably, will be back.

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
It's not something you have to do in the sense of contacting every player and asking "Oh hey are you leaving?" Can just have the system automate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.