What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of jobs would you like to see?

Ace

Reaction score
Characters
Jordan Preston
I'd love to see jobs incorporated into the role play. Similar to LS:RP's system whereby the trucking job supplies businesses for goods, being able to roleplay whilst earning money is vital to make sure that jobs and careers don't become a background process to when other players aren't online.
+1 for this, on the same side of this

Chief

Reaction score
Characters
John Beck
Was thinking of having a trucking company replace the actual trucking job, but at server release, I doubt anyone would take up that role and do legal roleplay. With this, businesses would get stocked by the company having them make more of a profit. But, more than likely, standard trucking job is going to be implemented with the restriction being that once businesses are stocked up, they're no more delivery locations.

Also, apart from the trucking such and scripted jobs. What's your guys (the communities) output on having roleplay jobs? For instance, you're able to work at a 24/7 and get paid for roleplaying creating a more lively city. That's all I'll mention of it for now, but it's something that has come to mind.

Trucking companies are definitely a thing that people enjoy doing, but at server start, no one would have the assets to realistically own one unless the Admins provided the assets right off the bat via some sort of trucking specific RP application system. It's quite popular on other servers with player-owned trucking companies, but those only came later on once the server was a bit established and people had acquired realistic in-character assets for such a company.

Other jobs I've seen in other places that are all player-run: Trucking companies, taxi companies, private transportation (Uber like companies), security companies, news corporations, law firms, film studios, music studios. The possibilities are endless, provided the economy provides for the opportunity to do so.

Roleplay jobs are great. Depending on how the economy is designed, you should allow players to work at 24/7's, liquor stores, gas stations, tattoo parlors, any of the store based locations. A popular job from other servers has been the mechanic job for car modifications. Can't forget that one. From past experience, the issue with store-based jobs (24/7, gas stations, etc.) is determining how to steer people to use the player-opened stores instead of the unopened stores with scripts in them. From past experiences, a player could open a gas station or 24/7 in Vinewood but many people are lazy and just go to one that's not opened by a player so they don't have to interact with anyone. This has been counteracted by a distance radius in other renditions of GTA V RP. So, if I were to open up a 24/7 in Vinewood, there would be a certain distance radius where other 24/7's wouldn't be open and players would have to go to the player-opened store where someone was working. You don't want to make the radius so big to where someone in Sandy Shores has to drive all the way to the city to get gas or something like that. Just a suggestion there.

I'm a big believer in mechanic, trucking, mining and fishing RP. I understand that there are people who are going to script grind it until their fingers fall off, but again you can't really stop that unless you get rid of scripted jobs entirely. There are always going to be people who play this way. This is where a Roleplay Quality Management team earns their keep and makes sure proper character portrayal is kept up to the standards of the server. Some people want to RP a rich character with the ability to buy a business, have an expensive car, etc. and in most cases, that takes script money to do. If someone is not portraying their character correctly, i.e. a lazy backstory of "I worked hard and fished for years and now I'm rich", then they should be dealt with by Quality Management. Just my two cents on everything. Good luck with the development!

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Los Santos Police Department
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
From past experience, the issue with store-based jobs (24/7, gas stations, etc.) is determining how to steer people to use the player-opened stores instead of the unopened stores with scripts in them. From past experiences, a player could open a gas station or 24/7 in Vinewood but many people are lazy and just go to one that's not opened by a player so they don't have to interact with anyone. This has been counteracted by a distance radius in other renditions of GTA V RP.
There are soft and hard counters for the issue at hand. Whilst I believe a suitable measure would be to lock down all non-player operated businesses this would be a hard counter and might be counter intuitive and a deprivation of choice in the long run, as "forcing" someone out in Blaine County or even just on the other end of Los Santos to go to a store on the opposite side of the map/city is sure to lead to eventual frustration.

What I had in mind was that player operated businesses could sell their goods whether it is petrol, groceries, and such for a (significantly) lower price than non-player operated (also being negotiable). Similar to how some stores add the VAT to the final price, and others do not. Though of course the price difference would have to be more significant than just a mere 10 to 20% to give an initiative to actually come visit player operated stores.

Trucking companies are definitely a thing that people enjoy doing, but at server start, no one would have the assets to realistically own one unless the Admins provided the assets right off the bat via some sort of trucking specific RP application system.
If people are willing to start such a business up, I am most certain that the staff team will provide the necessary tools to run it successfully. I, as Head of Property, would most certainly provide them with a premises from whereon out they could operate.

In regards to the third paragraph, I firmly believe from a staff point of view that without the general player base's help there is nothing we can do. At least in the sense of actively administrating, since we cannot be everywhere at every possible time. We can and will take the necessary precautions to not have such backstories slip through the application, however once someone is on the server and it should transpire to some other players that another player's sole background is that he "fished him-/herself to become a millionaire", it is something we cannot entirely monitor. Therefore, the assistance and aid of the community is required there and should it become apparent (e.g. reported through preferably at least in my opinion a forum report) be dealt with.

Chief

Reaction score
Characters
John Beck
There are soft and hard counters for the issue at hand. Whilst I believe a suitable measure would be to lock down all non-player operated businesses this would be a hard counter and might be counter intuitive and a deprivation of choice in the long run, as "forcing" someone out in Blaine County or even just on the other end of Los Santos to go to a store on the opposite side of the map/city is sure to lead to eventual frustration.

What I had in mind was that player operated businesses could sell their goods whether it is petrol, groceries, and such for a (significantly) lower price than non-player operated (also being negotiable). Similar to how some stores add the VAT to the final price, and others do not. Though of course the price difference would have to be more significant than just a mere 10 to 20% to give an initiative to actually come visit player operated stores.

This could definitely be a good idea that would keep the choice open to the player and not force them to a specific set of stores. I would support the active discount if a player-owned store is open.

If people are willing to start such a business up, I am most certain that the staff team will provide the necessary tools to run it successfully. I, as Head of Property, would most certainly provide them with a premises from whereon out they could operate.

It all depends on how extensive the trucking system is and what it is designed to supply. If it creates the chance for pretty decent company/business RP, then it would definitely be something I'd look into. In past experience, businesses operated on a component system that used components when products were bought. So when a player bought something at a 24/7, a specific amount of components were used from that business' component stock. At a mechanic garage, when a player purchases an engine modification or a transmission upgrade, components were used. Business owners, through a custom business management script, would then open up their business for component restocking at a specific price per component crate (Let's say $150 per crate, each crate gives you 50 components). A trucker would then purchase a car parts crate from a vendor (More NPC, just a pick up spot with a command to buy crates) for $50, then deliver the crate to a business and drop it off, selling it for $150. This ensures the business remains stocked with components and the trucking drivers make money from delivering those goods. The trucking company in return would take a % commission off the delivery. This system creates a closed, player-controlled supply/demand system. The stores use components, then the trucking system resupplies those components.

In regards to the third paragraph, I firmly believe from a staff point of view that without the general player base's help there is nothing we can do. At least in the sense of actively administrating, since we cannot be everywhere at every possible time. We can and will take the necessary precautions to not have such backstories slip through the application, however once someone is on the server and it should transpire to some other players that another player's sole background is that he "fished him-/herself to become a millionaire", it is something we cannot entirely monitor. Therefore, the assistance and aid of the community is required there and should it become apparent (e.g. reported through preferably at least in my opinion a forum report) be dealt with.
Oh certainly. I don't expect staff to be able to keep an eye on everyone, I fully hope that community members will report bad RP character portrayal so that they can be dealt with accordingly. I know I would.

Reaction score
Personally, some Black Market jobs/ideas I wouldn't mind having on the server:

• Sex traffickers/pimps (obviously no underage sex workers allowed for this)
  • Scammers (credit card & bank fraud, identity theft, wire fraud, etc)
  • Selling counterfeit items imported from different countries (Yes its actually a real illegal job in real life)
  • Organ trafficker (selling organs to donors for money)
  • Chop shops for chopping up parts of stolen vehicles
  • Illegal gambling (Dog fighting, illegal street racing, etc)
  • Money laundering
  • Many more...

Just some ideas to throw out there. There's thousands plus ways to make money via the Black Market outside of just generic drug selling and selling firearms, I always had these ideas from previous servers I was on but never acted upon them due to nobody actually wanting to actually roleplay these things in the Illegal RP scene. Obviously these things should be roleplayed correctly.

Slattseason

Reaction score
Characters
Taevion_Mcdonald
Personally, some Black Market jobs/ideas I wouldn't mind having on the server:

• Sex traffickers/pimps (obviously no underage sex workers allowed for this)
  • Scammers (credit card & bank fraud, identity theft, wire fraud, etc)
  • Selling counterfeit items imported from different countries (Yes its actually a real illegal job in real life)
  • Organ trafficker (selling organs to donors for money)
  • Chop shops for chopping up parts of stolen vehicles
  • Illegal gambling (Dog fighting, illegal street racing, etc)
  • Money laundering
  • Many more...

Just some ideas to throw out there. There's thousands plus ways to make money via the Black Market outside of just generic drug selling and selling firearms, I always had these ideas from previous servers I was on but never acted upon them due to nobody actually wanting to actually roleplay these things in the Illegal RP scene. Obviously these things should be roleplayed correctly.
Agreed