What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What sort of wishes do you have for this community?

crimeson

Los Santos Police Department
Reaction score
Realistic fuel consumption depending on the car, having to refuel every single day if u drive all day n stuff

Scrambles

Reaction score
Community, server, same thing right?

The fine IC and OOC balance between staff and player needs/wishes, first and foremost. Transparency in all possible areas for that same line of thought.
  • An equitable legal/government system that isn't filled with fired/ex-police officers playing Better Call Saul simulator 2k19
    • A fair court system that works in game in some capacity - whether having a cadre of judges on call to come online or only certain crimes handled in game, appeals, literally just bring something in game (goes for all traditionally forum-based RP in general)
  • A fire department that works
    • Separate the doctors and the ambulances - we shouldn't see 65 year old Medical Doctor/Fire Commissioner driving an ambulance around the city
    • Firehouse/firefighter culture and activities outside of EMS
      • Fires or systems requiring the response of technical rescue teams and other capabilities
      • Should have a job outside of emergency medical services (read: picking up dead gang members and driving them away)
      • Related to the above, but the ability for the fire department to be proactive like their police counterparts will encourage recruitment
  • Law enforcement (everyone's favorite topic)
    • Approaching the creation of new government services (read: ThE ShErRiFfs DePt) in a pragmatic way - we shouldn't get so hyped up with the novelty of wearing a new uniform or having different color cars patrolling something when we may realistically only have a small area of activity on the entire map
    • Law enforcement officers who know something else in their life than straight patrol duty (actual characters) - the current administration seems to be handling this pretty well already, thankfully
    • Police misconduct - an IA investigation shouldn't unreasonably prolong litigation like on other servers where the officer in question was basically untouchable by the courts during an internal investigation (which was protected on an OOC basis)
  • Government (and legal factions that compromise it)
    • A real government is not "CITY", it's not "STATE", it's the collective branches and the services they provide as a whole (read: the police officers are one and the same as government, as well as the firefighters, the mayor, whatever - if they're a government employee they are all collectively part of the government)
      • The factions like the police and fire departments, while independent on an OOC basis, shouldn't be this almighty removed entity from player and staff's IC concern protected by the barrier of faction management
      • The branches of government are supposed to balance each other out. The Executive (Mayor/Governor and their staffs - police, fire depts, district attorney), Legislative (City Council/State Senate), and the Courts (State or Local, etc), have to be considered equal players in the political/government system for you to have a semblance of an working IC system. This doesn't mean the Mayor comes around doing whatever they want, it means that each player in this system has a role to do and respects each other so that it can keep going. On other servers the white-collar government (read: Mayor, lawyers, other staff) butted heads with the independent factions (police, fire, corrections, so on) that were meant to be working alongside each other to the point where nothing got done. It was really sad to see the immaturity and OOC power struggles pour into the IC realm - In short, PLAY NICE
That's all I have right now, I know I was shooting from the hip at a lot of legal faction focused stuff. I'll add more for illegal factions later.

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
A fair court system that works in game in some capacity - whether having a cadre of judges on call to come online or only certain crimes handled in game, appeals, literally just bring something in game (goes for all traditionally forum-based RP in general)
Would be nice to have definitely agree on this part.

Approaching the creation of new government services (read: ThE ShErRiFfs DePt) in a pragmatic way - we shouldn't get so hyped up with the novelty of wearing a new uniform or having different color cars patrolling something when we may realistically only have a small area of activity on the entire map
I am curious as to what you mean here exactly? As far as I know, we are currently not looking to implement a Sheriff's Department in any sort of form. If the time happens, we will ensure that the above will not happen and have the LSPD and the Sheriff's Department be on equal terms (quality assurance wise, and policy wise). The vehicles will mostly remain black and white for all law enforcement agencies anyway.
Police misconduct - an IA investigation shouldn't unreasonably prolong litigation like on other servers where the officer in question was basically untouchable by the courts during an internal investigation (which was protected on an OOC basis)
Not going to happen, but what will be looked into and what has to be considered: Before you file a lawsuit against the LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT (aka the legal entity), the accuser must exhaust every possible legal way (Internal Affairs) before filing for a lawsuit to reach a settlement. If all fails, he/she may file for a lawsuit against the entity. If one files a lawsuit against an individual (e.g. Police Officer John Doe) they can feel free to do so, but the courts will realistically wait for an internal investigation to be concluded or even order the entity in this case the Los Santos Police Department to conduct an investigation. Depending on the disposition we (IAG) conclude with, the courts then can feel free to consider it and our recommendations for them.

If they don't order us (IAG/LSPD) to conduct an investigation into the matter, because the Police Officer was off-duty or in other forms infringed the law and constitution I doubt any of us will try and block it.
Government (and legal factions that compromise it)
  • A real government is not "CITY", it's not "STATE", it's the collective branches and the services they provide as a whole (read: the police officers are one and the same as government, as well as the firefighters, the mayor, whatever - if they're a government employee they are all collectively part of the government)
YES YES YES, but with limitations. The executive head of the Government, whatever the role may be called (Mayor/Governor) should not be able to appoint/remove the Chief of Police and Fire Chief at his or her desire or enact restrictions upon the factions "under" him/her without...
... 1. consulting the agency in question
... 2. if negotiations with the agency failed, consulting with server management

As much as we'd try to emulate the real happenings there, it would not be viable in a game (having a new CoP or Fire Chief every election circle would be quite the issue I tell you).
The branches of government are supposed to balance each other out. The Executive (Mayor/Governor and their staffs - police, fire depts, district attorney), Legislative (City Council/State Senate), and the Courts (State or Local, etc), have to be considered equal players in the political/government system for you to have a semblance of an working IC system.
I doubt this will be an issue in the short-term, as currently we have competent people running each aspect respectively. However, long-term I see your concern and agree with it. It must be mandated that PD, FD, DA/Courts and City Govt are on equal level and form the overall government system.

BrianW

Reaction score
Characters
Daniel Winston, Willow Bohannon
> Realistic fuel consumption (Corvettes / Challengers and Mustangs or whatever their IG name is to consume more than a Chevy Malibu)
> Hopefully open minded management team that wishes to uphold the high standards of modern roleplay, but not elitist ( /my a crack addict type of shit)
> As less as possible e-dykes.
> Less focus on just club RP unlike some other RageMP servers (Coughs)
> Stable host and gamemode.
> Good char customization system.

Matt[Y]

Reaction score
Characters
Justin_Chung, Charles_Lowenthal
An unbiased staff team, a community which isn't divided into small groups of illegal and legal RPers, a decent script but nothing too script-based.

ezkNYNE

Reaction score
First and foremost, transparency. No one wishes for a staff team to be secretive and carry rumors of bad blood between other members of the server.
Secondly, as we all know, GTAW offers new players to be relieved from a massive grind, giving them a good load of cash to do whatever they wish. I do wish for something like that, but not as exaggerated. I wish for new players to receive a good amount to buy a sedan, or just any vehicle that can be labeled normal. No one wants to grind, and if they want to grind, it should not be encouraged as previous servers. We're past Godfather RPG.
Thirdly, economy balance and control. It is a very tough challenge, but we all learnt from past experiences what happens when an economy gets exploited.
Fourthly, a mature community that is able to go past an argument without throwing personal insults.
Fifthly, an immense variety of vehicles. Allow tuning, but at an expensive amount or after a time of development and building. I don't think GTAW's approach for car tuning is any desirable for this place.

Tommy

Reaction score
An active Faction Management team that actually take in the opinions of the community and are active within the faction scene.
(Please don't put no subpar shit rpers as FM)

Red Dot

Reaction score
Transparency between staff and casual players. Also having the right people appointed to positions where their decision alone can impact the community. For example, having people in Faction Management that have knowledge on how real life groups (factions) weather it be a Street Gang, Mafia, Motorcycle Club or even legal factions operate.

Last edited:

Batter Up

Reaction score
Postivity & less petty drama. It's the internet, let's enjoy it for what it is.

Transparency between staff and casual players. Also having the right people appointed to positions where their decision alone can impact community. For example, having people in Faction Management that have knowledge on how real life groups (factions) weather it be a Street Gang, Mafia, Motorcycle Clubs or even legal factions operate.

Last edited:

Snow Wolf

Reaction score
Characters
none
As much as we'd try to emulate the real happenings there, it would not be viable in a game (having a new CoP or Fire Chief every election circle would be quite the issue I tell you).

It shouldn't even be possible for a single person to impact the most important faction (because thats what the LSPD is) on the server in such a way

Xgin

Head of Factions
Retired Admin
Reaction score
An active Faction Management team that actually take in the opinions of the community and are active within the faction scene.
(Please don't put no subpar shit rpers as FM)

Transparency between staff and casual players. Also having the right people appointed to positions where their decision alone can impact the community. For example, having people in Faction Management that have knowledge on how real life groups (factions) weather it be a Street Gang, Mafia, Motorcycle Club or even legal factions operate.

I can guarantee you our staff team and personally, my Faction Management team will be different compared to other servers you may have been on. There will be no bias between illegal or legal and of course, activity is the most important thing. Both sides of the roleplay scene will get their love and attention as well as being fair with it. Most of our team members have experience in most of the roleplay spectrum. Gangs, Mafias, Mobs/MC's, legal businesses and the list goes on. The team is made up of veterans of the roleplay scene who went through a strict process of applying and knowing what it takes to be in Faction Management. I can assure you that everyone will be satisfied with how we will handle things.

Red Dot

Reaction score
I can guarantee you our staff team and personally, my Faction Management team will be different compared to other servers you may have been on. There will be no bias between illegal or legal and of course, activity is the most important thing. Both sides of the roleplay scene will get their love and attention as well as being fair with it. Most of our team members have experience in most of the roleplay spectrum. Gangs, Mafias, Mobs/MC's, legal businesses and the list goes on. The team is made up of veterans of the roleplay scene who went through a strict process of applying and knowing what it takes to be in Faction Management. I can assure you that everyone will be satisfied with how we will handle things.
Appreciate the reply, small things like this is what I'm talking about.

Nathan

Reaction score
Characters
Matthew Douglas
A fun, none toxic atmosphere. Obviously the management / staff team have enough experience to deal with community issues, so I’m excited to see it strive.

Snick

Reaction score
Well I wish for this community a long-lasting lifespan, with as many as possible awesome factions that'd be able to form great experiences.
A thriving & growing community which knows how to accept, a great staff team that'd take care of all of our needs, progressively, but also know how to punish when there's a true need to, without any favoritism towards any party at any stage.
I also wish we'd have a unique server, different than most, features-wise and also mapping-wise. :)

Panorama

Reaction score
More like scripting wishes:

Realistic economy. A gram of weed for $10 type of stuff. No random paychecks every hour. No levelling system. Equality, that means no IG donator privileges. Donating should be done from goodwill, not to gain extra's over regular players. Make weapons hard to get. No robotic cops. Good prison system. Realistic environment, age script to fight against power gaming. A 12 year old kid shouldn't be able overpower an adult man. Well thought health system focused on that should be a good beginning. Gyms, people will have to build on their physical attributes to gain strength. Fatigue: asking too much of your body might leave you injured, like a muscle tear in the leg which'll block your character from being able to sprint.

Just a few quick thoughts in a matter of two minutes.

Tommy

Reaction score
For Quality to be taken in account over Activity in selected factions. It’s much easier to be active in a gang faction than an LCN faction

nanpou.

Reaction score
For Quality to be taken in account over Activity in selected factions. It’s much easier to be active in a gang faction than an LCN faction
This ^.

I can't recall how many times I got annoyed on other servers when qualified factions were left out and quantified factions were given official, just because they had more members; even if their RP wasn't up to server standards for an official faction, they still somehow oddly obtained it??? Weird right? Yeah.

I also hope, nah scratch that... I beg FM to actually do what they're meant to be there to do, and not just sit back and side with factions due to ooc friendships or because they are in one.

xcaliber

Reaction score
More like scripting wishes:

Realistic economy. A gram of weed for $10 type of stuff. No random paychecks every hour. No levelling system. Equality, that means no IG donator privileges. Donating should be done from goodwill, not to gain extra's over regular players. Make weapons hard to get. No robotic cops. Good prison system. Realistic environment, age script to fight against power gaming. A 12 year old kid shouldn't be able overpower an adult man. Well thought health system focused on that should be a good beginning. Gyms, people will have to build on their physical attributes to gain strength. Fatigue: asking too much of your body might leave you injured, like a muscle tear in the leg which'll block your character from being able to sprint.

Just a few quick thoughts in a matter of two minutes.
We as a staff team are working to bring a great economy to the server. There will probably not a level system as there is really no need for it.
We're also working on getting donation packages without pay to win features. Donators won't get anything that a normal player cannot get.
A 12 year old beating up a grown man is simply powergaming, there is no need to bring features just to combat that.
About gyms, please post in the suggestions board so it can be discussed, same goes for the ageing.