What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of jobs would you like to see?

Aero

Management
Staff member
Management
Los Santos Police Department
Reaction score
Characters
Mason Hamilton
Hey guys,

A big part of any role-play server is the jobs that are available to civilians. I would love to get the communities input / suggestions on what we should do when it comes to job ideas. I would like to have a mix of legal and illegal jobs, it will expand the role-play horizon and cater to both legal and illegal role-players. So, if you have any ideas or suggestions we would love to hear from you!

Matt[Y]

Reaction score
Characters
Justin_Chung, Charles_Lowenthal
I mean I would honestly limit script jobs to a minimum. While I understand some jobs are actually important for the server economy to function properly, I always felt script jobs made zero sense. Nobody with a trucker job is RPing their character being a trucker. It's just a weird way to make money and then buy a house your character couldn't afford ICly. And if you actually want to RP a trucker I'm sure joining or starting an actual IC company and RPing with likeminded players is more fun.

What I would like to see is the script giving everyone the option to do things e.g brew alcohol or deliver components to businesses etc. but without providing vehicles or having to '/acceptjob' somewhere.

Divergent

Reaction score
I mean I would honestly limit script jobs to a minimum. While I understand some jobs are actually important for the server economy to function properly, I always felt script jobs made zero sense. Nobody with a trucker job is RPing their character being a trucker. It's just a weird way to make money and then buy a house your character couldn't afford ICly. And if you actually want to RP a trucker I'm sure joining or starting an actual IC company and RPing with likeminded players is more fun.

What I would like to see is the script giving everyone the option to do things e.g brew alcohol or deliver components to businesses etc. but without providing vehicles or having to '/acceptjob' somewhere.
I'm on the same side, I also hope to see a good Company System other than a job system. Players should be able to create companies and purchase licenses for companies which would allow them to do different stuff, such as, security, towing cars, trucking, private medical transport/company/clinic etc, imagination is the limit

Eren

Reaction score
Characters
Andy_Walker
Logistics, Shop Keeper, Weapons Manufacturer, Weapons Dealer, Mechanic, Taxi, Security, Horticulturist, Private detective, Legal Representative, Icecream dealer, Chauffeur, Street Sweeper, Prostitute..the more the merrier, giving people the option to do anything they desire will attract loads of people.

Fox

Retired Admin
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Starting from today, I will be collecting the various ideas and suggestions posted in this thread in-order to finalize the necessary script-related work for "jobs" that will be offered through the script and not through peer to peer interaction.

The results, once clarified, evaluated, and reviewed will be announced so to allow you to prepare for the launch. Feel free to keep posting your suggestions on what should be scripted jobs and we will happily review them.

Best regards.

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
Revolving around roleplay jobs would be the best bet. Something interesting would be having jobs rely on one another. An example of jobs relying on one another is you have miners who mine ores, couriers who transport the ores, weapon factories that produce weapons for ammu-nations, and ammu-nations that sell to consumers. Mining, delivering, and weapon factories can all be company player-owned introducing working-class roleplay. Something that always tends to happen is what @Matt[Y] said, you have people who've been cashing in checks and probably done countless hours on trucking and roleplay wealthy with a house and two cars. Unless the economy is being roleplayed as an amazing booming economy, I don't think that should be available without some roleplay in the mix (eg., working at a popular night club). Guess what I'm trying to say is that roleplaying should outweigh the profit you make from script jobs (unless they're roleplayed through companies and work unions).

Bethezer

Reaction score
It would be amazing to actually see faction related jobs, taking for an example a Legal dealership faction where users could practically apply for a position.

Smithy

Reaction score
Characters
Alexander Mayfield
I'd love to see jobs incorporated into the role play. Similar to LS:RP's system whereby the trucking job supplies businesses for goods, being able to roleplay whilst earning money is vital to make sure that jobs and careers don't become a background process to when other players aren't online.

Turean Perspective

Reaction score
Maybe make script wise jobs into actual legal factions where people have to be interviewed and stuff, you become a truck driver like you would in real life etc. So people won't play LSC like it's Sims 4.

This would:
  • Create roleplay
  • Introduce new players to proper roleplay even if they are just after OOC money
  • Make players not grind scriptjobs for their mallrat needs, they would have to roleplay everything properly and faction management could look that they have performed proper /me's while doing the job

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
Maybe make script wise jobs into actual legal factions where people have to be interviewed and stuff, you become a truck driver like you would in real life etc. So people won't play LSC like it's Sims 4.

This would:
  • Create roleplay
  • Introduce new players to proper roleplay even if they are just after OOC money
  • Make players not grind scriptjobs for their mallrat needs, they would have to roleplay everything properly and faction management could look that they have performed proper /me's while doing the job
Was thinking of having a trucking company replace the actual trucking job, but at server release, I doubt anyone would take up that role and do legal roleplay. With this, businesses would get stocked by the company having them make more of a profit. But, more than likely, standard trucking job is going to be implemented with the restriction being that once businesses are stocked up, they're no more delivery locations.

Also, apart from the trucking such and scripted jobs. What's your guys (the communities) output on having roleplay jobs? For instance, you're able to work at a 24/7 and get paid for roleplaying creating a more lively city. That's all I'll mention of it for now, but it's something that has come to mind.

nanpou.

Reaction score
Roleplay jobs would be dope. Maybe have it so lead admins can review the roleplay and pay the player their "wages".

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
Roleplay jobs would be dope. Maybe have it so lead admins can review the roleplay and pay the player their "wages".
Was thinking more of an automated system where you "clock in" and get paid every 10 minutes or so, adding it to your paycheck. This'll allow players to stop working when ever necessary. Of course staff team members will supervise player's roleplay, or player reports on such employees. Main goal is to steer away from scripted jobs so I just want input if that's what everyone would appreciate too.

nanpou.

Reaction score
Was thinking more of an automated system where you "clock in" and get paid every 10 minutes or so, adding it to your paycheck. This'll allow players to stop working when ever necessary. Of course staff team members will supervise player's roleplay, or player reports on such employees. Main goal is to steer away from scripted jobs so I just want input if that's what everyone would appreciate too.
That's actually a dope idea too.

Turean Perspective

Reaction score
Was thinking of having a trucking company replace the actual trucking job, but at server release, I doubt anyone would take up that role and do legal roleplay. With this, businesses would get stocked by the company having them make more of a profit. But, more than likely, standard trucking job is going to be implemented with the restriction being that once businesses are stocked up, they're no more delivery locations.

Also, apart from the trucking such and scripted jobs. What's your guys (the communities) output on having roleplay jobs? For instance, you're able to work at a 24/7 and get paid for roleplaying creating a more lively city. That's all I'll mention of it for now, but it's something that has come to mind.
This would be great, you could also implement a feature that, if a player is working in a certain store. For example a 24/7. You cannot buy from other stores than that certain one. You could also do it so that the store's icon on the map lights up. So people know where to go for RP.

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
This would be great, you could also implement a feature that, if a player is working in a certain store. For example a 24/7. You cannot buy from other stores than that certain one. You could also do it so that the store's icon on the map lights up. So people know where to go for RP.
Would be ideal having players work at every 24/7 so it brings life to the city. One thing I do know, players sometimes don't want to rp but rather grind out money which is fine. So I'm still in the middle of what CAN be ideal for both sides, but favor roleplay.

Turean Perspective

Reaction score
Would be ideal having players work at every 24/7 so it brings life to the city. One thing I do know, players sometimes don't want to rp but rather grind out money which is fine. So I'm still in the middle of what CAN be ideal for both sides, but favor roleplay.
If those 24/7 jobs would pay more than a trucking job but would require someone to make sure you know how to roleplay properly, that could be a good alternative for just brainless grinding with a truck. Brings more life to the server and creates more roleplay with others. I guess just let people know working in a store pays more than driving with a truck? lol

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
If those 24/7 jobs would pay more than a trucking job but would require someone to make sure you know how to roleplay properly, that could be a good alternative for just brainless grinding with a truck. Brings more life to the server and creates more roleplay with others. I guess just let people know working in a store pays more than driving with a truck? lol
Yeah of course, would also be more than just the 24/7. Maybe tattoo parlor? Burgershot? Cluckin' Bell?