What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of jobs would you like to see?

Hound

Retired Admin
Reaction score
It would be nice to see jobs such as trucking that require specific licenses IRL to have the applicants do those sort of tests e.g an HGV license in order to drive actual trucks and not vans.

ezkNYNE

Reaction score
LS is the biggest industrial city in San Andreas, as far as I know. Everything that involves transporting, machinery, construction and logging must be a thing. The server deserves to have a giant activity of vans, trucks and pick-ups.

Sanitation jobs, transit and Uber, Ocean Docks' services, even hiking, and beach maintenance jobs. You can get plenty of ideas.

Sterrenstof

Reaction score
Characters
Vienna Everaux
Think, I'll let myself loose here.

Alright, first things first,I already saw a few scriptwise jobs being suggested at the first page of this thread, I know we're not gonna be able to avoid having those, but I am strongly for having roleplay jobs. Scriptwise jobs have always been a bad impact on a server, as players grind their lifes on it. Totally jobs like trucker used to be very simple to get into. Some would just do it without even roleplaying a character that has a truckers background! And there would be a lot more examples to jump into;

The negative points of scriptwise jobs;
1. Players will be grinding the jobs, giving the server a consistent flow of money coming into it's economy, lots of grinding? Could be pretty bad for future pricing.
2. Some players will just do jobs that aren't fit for their character & their development.
3. Players will not roleplay the job, they will simply go from checkpoint to checkpoint.
4. Jobs like mining & fishing would lead to players simply standing still at one spot, consistently doing one command which could be /mine, /fish, without roleplaying

And the list can go go on, there's bound to be negative to be many negative impacts from having scriptwise jobs, but like mentioned they're not avoidable, fishing should be a thing anyway but it should be scaled big, being able to fish at any body of water on different species would be awesome, having to buy your bait in the city to go out of town to fish at a lake near Paleto? And afterwards sell your fishes for a small reward? Sure! As long people roleplay their actions.

Hunting is also an option that could be done scriptwise, but will require players to have a license that has to be applied for! And also has to involve lots of roleplay cause not anybody can do what a hunter can do! And since we have the option to have animal AI, why not?

Couriers & Truckers? They should need a license for their duties and their own van, players that want to RP a trucker could apply to truckers organization, or apply for their own little truckers organization? We shouldn't allow everybody to become a courier or trucker left and right, this is not realistic and most people will only do it for the money and not even character development.

-

I love the idea behind roleplay jobs, they haven't really been big back in the day, totally when we take as example SA:MP & MTA servers, but since we're the new generation of roleplay servers we should really focus at offering roleplay jobs, any business can be worked at? Clothing Stores, 24/7's, Gas Stations, Pawn Shops, Bars, Nightclubs, Restaurants etc. Offering players to become a employee of a business scriptwise isn't a bad option, players will make sure the shops are active (it sucks to go into a 24/7 and you'll have RP a NPC) players will eventually be paid through the script automated once it detects a certain amount of roleplay, a check could be delivered from the store to player every 30 minutes of course it not being massive sums of money, but a decent amount fitting our economy!

The positive points of having roleplay jobs;
1. Shops will be actively roleplayed at, which is better than RPing your own NPC as cashier.
2. You actively get in contact with other players, allowing you to make more connections ingame if you're a social type.
3. It's realistic to work in a shop, fill the shelves etcetera, it really brings out roleplay and it adds immersion.

Sanitation jobs, transit and Uber, Ocean Docks' services, even hiking, and beach maintenance jobs. You can get plenty of ideas.

All these jobs mentioned in the quote are also awesome to add onto the roleplay jobs list, they simply deliver more options, and those businesses can also be player ran.

I hope I haven't fallen in repeat above, it's quite an essay. :sneaky:

Snow Wolf

Reaction score
Characters
none
What do you guys say about newspapers? It's really a niche product, but some people put so much heart and effort into not only their articles but entire photoshop layouts for their papers. Newspapers are usually really really immersive, cool and useful. If you've been on a LOA you may aswell just check the newspapers on the forums and see what has been going on the past week.

What usually bothers me though is that these newspapers usually work for no gain.. You have these guys working for their paper but actively struggling to fill the gas tank to their shitty primos which they need to interview their assignments.

Wallaby

Reaction score
Other servers on GTA V have things like mining/moonshining. This is cool for those RPing in the country, but we should implement ones that are realistic to city RPers. An idea for an illegal job pitched to me by Durnovo was setting up credit card skimmers (at gas stations for instance, where players would eventually have to go to fuel cars). You could have a command with a 15-30 second buffer period like fueling your car where you are to roleplay setting up the skimmer. This would also give police/civilians a chance to catch someone in the act, creating RP for everyone involved. You can have a few different skimmers (maybe limited to 3) set up at once & earn 'x' amount each paycheck per skimmer. Maybe a command for police to check for them as well, or they would be removed at the end of a week (expire/stop receiving money at paycheck) assuming the gas pumps are inspected regularly by employees. Ask Durnovo if you're interested in this idea, I just couldn't let it go unmentioned lol

Assuming food helps heal still, some sort of food delivery service where employees could give people food for their inventory (that they can use to heal) in exchange for a default amount per payday/tips from customers would be cool too. Given that the GTA V map is bigger than GTA SA & depending on how interactive the phone interface is, I could see a ride service like Uber/Lyft working as long as there's a default amount earned per paycheck like the mechanic jobs. Doesn't have to be an elaborate GPS, just a blip on the map where the ride request was made from for the driver to find. They could also call/text the rider just like IRL. If gas stations or 24/7 do end up having employees, this also presents an opportunity for a security guard presence. Even if its just 1 person for 1-2 hours during peak time at a 24/7 in areas like Grove/Chamberlain Hills, this could promote RP for the guard, employees, & customers alike.

Each of these listed above could also require 'x' amount of tasks completed in a payday to receive more than a minimum amount so this way the players still have incentive to actually participate in the job rather than just get the job and earn the paychecks.

Just me spitballing anyways, I'll try to come up with more ideas later.

Snick

Reaction score
Producer/dj job (be able to run an XM channel, maybe ability to host events), lightning and sound technician (be able to change lightning positions around the map & install speakers for outdoor parties/events), winery workers (there's some winery house in the county), farmers (grain factory, milking cows, collecting fruits, gardening etc), couriers - be able to transfer furniture from one place to another - wardrobes, fridges, speakers and all those.

Peezy

Reaction score
Let stuff like the 24/7s, burgershots, and all the other stores that are in the vanilla game be manned by players and maybe even owned. When being manned, they'll show up on the map as "active" or something like that. It'll create more role play, I'd rather genuine RP interactions during robberies and all that other good stuff than people NPCing the workers.

xcaliber

Reaction score
Let stuff like the 24/7s, burgershots, and all the other stores that are in the vanilla game be manned by players and maybe even owned. When being manned, they'll show up on the map as "active" or something like that. It'll create more role play, I'd rather genuine RP interactions during robberies and all that other good stuff than people NPCing the workers.

It was already suggested on the first page.

Psychedelic

Reaction score
Characters
David Sullivan
Just bumping this one and reviving the discussion... Snick briefly touched on this earlier, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of farming jobs. I was doing a little bit of exploring around the Grapeseed farmlands, and there's a lot of opportunity in this area. There's a few things that you could quite easily do as a farming job:
  • Ploughing fields
  • Fruit / vegetable picking
  • Crop sowing
  • Loading hay into a truck and distributing it throughout a farm
Just a couple of things that come to mind on first thought anyway.

Fergie

Los Santos Police Department
Reaction score
I’d rather see a system where businesses earned money while being open and paid people to do script wise jobs.
The last server I was in did just that. H script automatically paid people when they did /openbusiness. Anyone within the business who had a job given via /hire got paid. It forced legal jobs and RP

Schleich

Retired Admin
Reaction score
Characters
Kekoa Hale
I’d rather see a system where businesses earned money while being open and paid people to do script wise jobs.
The last server I was in did just that. H script automatically paid people when they did /openbusiness. Anyone within the business who had a job given via /hire got paid. It forced legal jobs and RP

The idea below which has apparently been mentioned in this topic before I think solved some of these issues. I really like the idea of having generic businesses (burgershot, 24/7) more often by having anyone able to get a job in them. The icon showing the business open is also a fantastic idea as everyone knows the business is up and running and they can find some role play there. The same idea could be applied to bars, etc but if they are player owned the owner obviously gets a say on who can work there.

Max

Reaction score
I want to see a central bank and a stock market.
I feel that a stock market is just too easily abused-.. I can already see the 14-17 year old gangbangers somehow being the next Belfort.
I plan on opening a restaurant/hookah lounge and employing others to make more IC jobs rather than script jobs, however these are also a necessity.

Last edited:

Topaz

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Admin
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
I feel that a stock market is just too easily abused-.. I can already see the 14-17 year old gangbangers somehow being the next Mark Wahlburg.
I plan on opening a restaurant/hookah lounge and employing others to make more IC jobs rather than script jobs, however these are also a necessity.
What does Mark Wahlburg have to do with stocks?

I see the stock market as a learning experience for new people. I learned a lot of basic new stuff through SA-MP which helped me in life.

Max

Reaction score
What does Mark Wahlburg have to do with stocks?

I see the stock market as a learning experience for new people. I learned a lot of basic new stuff through SA-MP which helped me in life.
Whoops, had the wrong name, I'm tired lmao.

I meant Belfort. Anyhow I mean it could either go good or bad, it could lead to a very creative type of legal rp or it could lead to a quick way to gain money. Either way I think it should be experimented with.

Snow Wolf

Reaction score
Characters
none
Whoops, had the wrong name, I'm tired lmao.

I meant Belfort. Anyhow I mean it could either go good or bad, it could lead to a very creative type of legal rp or it could lead to a quick way to gain money. Either way I think it should be experimented with.
If a stock market is a means to quick money to you, by any means, why are you still here and not a billionaire on their own personal island?

Max

Reaction score
If a stock market is a means to quick money to you, by any means, why are you still here and not a billionaire on their own personal island?
That's not what I meant lmao, I meant it could go the same way it's gone in numerous other servers. I've actually traded stocks before for a short amount of time and it's much more complicated than many realize. All I'm saying is if we did a stock market it should be a little bit more like exclusive than other servers where you could just dump all your money in and receive unrp compound interests lmao.

Snow Wolf

Reaction score
Characters
none
That's not what I meant lmao, I meant it could go the same way it's gone in numerous other servers. I've actually traded stocks before for a short amount of time and it's much more complicated than many realize. All I'm saying is if we did a stock market it should be a little bit more like exclusive than other servers where you could just dump all your money in and receive unrp compound interests lmao.
i'm assuming this stock market was somehow tied to real stocks? Because that'd only explain the "unrp" amounts of money you'd get/have spawned. See
money goes directly to the companies. player-ran companies pay dividends. That means at some point some people have to sit together and decide what they want to pay out as dividends or if they even should pay dividends. that's not un-rp to me; it gives a lot more depth to illegal/'front rp'

Max

Reaction score
i'm assuming this stock market was somehow tied to real stocks? Because that'd only explain the "unrp" amounts of money you'd get/have spawned. See
money goes directly to the companies. player-ran companies pay dividends. That means at some point some people have to sit together and decide what they want to pay out as dividends or if they even should pay dividends. that's not un-rp to me; it gives a lot more depth to illegal/'front rp'
Right, I thought it was just some randomly generated script LMAO. Y'all are right.